Approaching Goonbell from the east, coming up or round from Trevellas, the Primitive Methodist chapel is seen on the right, with a convenient car park next to it.
Goonbell Primitive Methodist Chapel is seen on 1880 maps, where there is also a Wesleyan Methodist chapel. It was on the registration list for Primitive Methodist chapels of 1867.
The chapel was rebuilt in 1956. By the 1970s it is marked as Goonbell Methodist Church and is still present as Church in the 1980s.
It is now residential.