The Primitive Methodist Chapel was based at 116 Kenwyn Street, Truro and opened in 1878. In due course it became the United Methodist Free Church and then the City Mission. It is now in commercial use.
The church is noted for having some excellent stained glass
National Archives record an account book from 1916 -1943.
Cornwall planning documents and Listing suggest that after closure the building became Dowty’s a well known clothing store. In 2000 planning was granted for conversion to The Meadery restaurant (2000) and successive restaurants. It is currently (2019) Hub Box
The building is Grade 2 listed: –
Listing: Nonconformist (Primitive Methodist) chapel; Steep Delabole slate roofs with coped gable at the front. Main roof and lean-to roofs over same timber structure. Rectangular single-vessel plan. Gothic style. Symmetrical south entrance front has central tall buttressed gable end flanked by lean-tos resembling aisles with splayed corners. Shallow central gabled porch with pointed-arched doorway; flanking lancets, moulded string, rose window over porch and 3 stepped lights to gable. Buttresses are surmounted by tall pinnacles. Side walls are lit by tall lancets, main lighting is from long wooden clerestory windows with pointed-arched lights.