The former Centenary Primitive Methodist chapel in Billy Row still stands. In 2022 the front has been converted to two doors covering the whole width of the building and the adjacent Sunday school building is in residential use.
The chapel closed in 1955. The pipe organ (made either by Nelsons or Harrisons of Durham) went to Hebburn and the chapel seats, which, unusually, were curved, went to Windlestone.
A foundation stone on the building dated 1902 was laid by TY Greener Esq. JP .
There was an earlier single storey chapel on the site which was demolished in 1901.
Thanks to Ann Layburn for the picture and information