Harton Colliery Primitive Methodist chapel

Return from Harton Colliery Primitive Methodist chapel in the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship
transcribed by David Tonks
Harton: return from the Primitive Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship. Return no: 550 1 4 35
provided by David Tonks

There are 2 returns from Harton Colliery Primitive Methodists to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship

Comments about this page

  • The Building News & Engineering Journal, vol. 17, July to December 1869 .-
    Page 159, August 20 :
    The foundation stone of a new Primitive Methodist chapel was laid at Harton Colliery near Sunderland on Saturday. The building will be of red brick, faced and ornamented with white brick. The cost will be about £400. Mr. J. Tillman of Sunderland is the architect and Mr. Robson, South Shields, is entrusted with carrying out the work.

    By Raymond E. O. Ella (17/09/2021)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *