Hunwick Primitive Methodist chapel
West End Hunwick DL15 0LH
Hunwick Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on Sunday, September 16th, 1855 when Mrs. Butterwick, and J Thirkill preached. On Saturday, September 15th, 1855, a public tea for upwards of 200 people was provided, followed by a public meeting addressed by Messrs. Clough, Maddison, Jones, Wright and J Thirkill.
On the Ordnance Survey 1:2,500 map of 1857 there is no Primitive Methodist chapel marked in Hunwick or new Hunwick. On the 1897 map the Primitive Methodist chapel is marked on West End, New Hunwick. That building still exists as a house on Google Street View in May 2016