Low Southwick Primitive Methodist chapel
Low Southwick Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on 20th November 1836 in the Sunderland Circuit. H Hebbron, who along with Miss Newton, preached at the opening, tells us about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1837.
Mr Hebbron describes the chapel, which measured 30′(w) x30′(l), as a neat and commodious place and at the time the society had 60 members.
The chapel is marked on Cross Street on 1870 – 1895 Ordnance Survey maps but has disappeared by the 1897 map. The area today is an industrial estate.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1837