Middleton in Teesdale Primitive Methodist Chapel Co Durham

This chapel was built in 1872 and was also known as the Bourne PM Chapel.

Middleton in Teesdale Primitive Methodist Chapel  Co Durham
Middleton in Teesdale Primitive Methodist Chapel  Co Durham
Middleton in Teesdale Primitive Methodist Chapel  Co Durham
1872 Middleton in Teesdale Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel   in 1991 | Keith Guyler 1991
1872 Middleton in Teesdale Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel in 1991
Keith Guyler 1991

Middleton in Teesdale Bourne PM Chapel possibly closed for worship 25-30 years ago. In 2013 the chapel building has been very tastefully converted into self-catering holiday accommodation for up to 14 people and is called Springfield House.

Photos taken September 2013.

OS Map ref:92:NY949254 

Comments about this page

  • Thomas Dearlove tells us in the Primitive Methodist magazine (April 1861 page 232) that in 1860 the society bought  an existing chapel for £80 of which they had raised £40.

    By Christopher Hill (27/03/2018)
  • The architect was George Race

    By Colin Dews (28/02/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone