Newgate Primitive Methodist Chapel Barnard Castle Co.Durham
This chapel was built in 1887 and closed sometime before 1992.
For sometime after closure the chapel was used as a warehouse and then demolished in 1992. In that year a block of tasteful apartments was built in its place by Thomas Weatherald Ltd of Askrigg. This is now known as Chapel Court. The plaque from the original chapel has been placed on the wall facing the nearby car park.
Photo No.5 shows a stained glass window from the original P M Chapel. This window is now in Barnard Castle Methodist Church.
Photos taken September 2013
OS Map Ref:92:NZ051163