The 1905 Christian Messenger tells us that “Marsden is about two and a half miles from South Shields. It was missioned by the Sunderland Circuit in 1878, but was afterwards transferred to South Shields. A small chapel was built in 1884, and last year a beautiful new church was erected, towards which more than one-half of the cost (£1,100) was raised,”
Thanks to Howard Richter for his comment clarifying where the chapel was – and still is.
Christian Messenger 1905/176