Norton Road Primitive Methodist chapel in Stockton is located at the junction with Victoria Avenue. In 2020 it is Christ Church Mission, looks a little unloved but still carries the 1901 datestone.
The 1901 Primitive Methodist magazine notes the opening of the chapel – another initiative under the superintendency of Rev E Phillipson. It is described as “a handsome place , standing in a commanding position and is exceedingly cheap, having cost £3,300.” In 1901 the Prims were concerned about the amount of debt their chapels were carrying, but at Norton Road over half had been raised.
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1901 page 952