Stockton Maritime Yard Primitive Methodist chapel
The Primitive Methodists in Stockton held their first camp meeting in 1821 and had a room in Playhouse Yard.
There is a report by W Howcroft in the Primitive Methodist magazine of the opening of the first Primitive Methodist chapel which was located in Maritime Yard.
Opening services took place on Sunday 4th December 1825.
By the end of the nineteenth century there were three Primitive Methodist chapels in Stockton – Paradise Row 1866, Norton Road 1876, and Bowesfield Lane 1887 – together with some mission rooms.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1826 page 142