Paul Watson has found a Primitive Methodist chapel on an 1860 map of the East End of Sunderland on the Sunderland Antiquarians website: see it here. However, Paul can find no other reference to it.
It is not marked on the 1896 Ordnance Survey map and Street View shows the whole densely populated working class area has been redeveloped.
Paul has however located a photograph of part of Stafford Street, including what he suggests is the former chapel at the far end, with the horizontal brick courses.
What’s the story of this chapel?