Bassenthwaite Primitive Methodist chapel
Bassenthwaite Primitive Methodist chapel in the Maryport circuit was opened on October 29th 1865. Speakers a t the opening included Bros. T Faulder, P Grave, Jobling, George W Moorse (who wrote about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine), and the Revs T Parsons (Whitehaven) and A Dodds.
Miss Atkinson gave the land and most of the stone was given by neighbouring farmers. The new chapel measured 27′ x 24′ and cost £95 of which about £60 had been raised. Donors included John Boyes, G Moore, Sir W Lawson and Mr P Grave.
Where was this chapel and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1866 page 119