Blennerhasset Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cumbria
note added CH 04/2020
The 1883 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us they were close to finishing work on a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Blennerhasset in the Wigton station. Previously they had met, rent free, in a small room belonging to Sir William Lawson.
They had now laid the foundation stone on a chapel of their own and were hoping to move in within a few weeks.
The 1884 magazine confirms that they had completed the work and moved in. It cost around £170 of which they had raised £140 and expected to raise the remaining £30. The editor lamented that it would make such a difference if all chapels could be free of debt like this.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1883 page 761
Primitive Methodist magazine 1884 page 125