This building was originally built as a National School. The Primitives moved here from High Sand Went in 1885. The chapel was opened by Rev T Guttery on 23 April. In 1940 it had 275 sittings in pews, two schoolrooms and one other room. It was closed in June 1953 and the building in now (2014) in residential use.
(Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM14/13; DFCM6/1/42; Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940; Griffin, EW, Watchers of a Beacon: The Story of the K