Cockermouth; High Sand Went, Cumberland

Grid ref NY121307

Cockermouth; High Sand Went, Cumberland
Cockermouth; High Sand Went, Cumberland
Ground plan of Cockermouth, High Sand Went PM Chapel from OS 1 to 500 Cumberland LIV 4 22 circa 1860
Ground plan of Cockermouth, High Sand Went PM Chapel from OS 1 to 500 Cumberland LIV 4 22 circa 1860

High Sand Went Chapel was rented from the Wesleyans after they moved to their chapel in Market Place in 1841. The rent was  £10 per annum. In 1851 they bought it outright for £90. There were 150 lettable and 150 free sittings. The Primitives remained in occupation until moving to the chapel in New Street. The building was later used by a congregation of Bretheren and is now a public hall. (DFCM2/145; Griffin, EW, Watchers of a Beacon: The Story of the Keswick and Cockermouth Methodist Circuit)

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone