The Chapel was built of stone in 1865 at a cost of £221.5.0½. There were 100 lettable and 60 free sittings. In 1940 the chapel had 200 sittings on pews. There was also a schoolroom and two other rooms. In 1949-50 heating was installed at a cost of £477. There was a schoolroom and two other rooms. The building was closed on 12 November 1965 after merging with Wesley. It was subsequently demolished and modern buildings now occupy the site.
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM14/13
Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minute 1937-1974
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven DCM2/384
NLS 25” OS Cumberland LXVII.12 1899
Site visit 23.9.2017