Sunny Brow chapel was built of stone in 1839 at a cost of £108. In 1851 there were 58 free and 52 free other sittings but by 1863 there were 66 lettable and 50 free sittings. At the time of building it had 28 members which had fallen to 11 by 1863 when Sunday attendances were 40. In 1940 the Chapel had 60 sittings on forms and no other rooms. It had been closed by 1980 and is now in residential use.
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven YDFCM2/382-387 Station reports, 1840- 1912
The National Archives HO129/171/1 /2 1851 census of religious worship
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980
Site visit 24.05.2016