The Chapel and the school were built in1893 at a cost of £727. The chapel had 250 lettable and 94 free sittings. It had been closed by 1940. Because most of the building has been rendered and painted and the fenestration looks much altered it is difficult to gain an impression of the original building but the ashlar mason of the base and the corbels can still be seen. It is now occupied by Egremont Rangers ARLFC. The best evidence of its former appearance is, as so often, the perimeter wall although the upper section which was probably originally railings is now a wall.
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven DCM2/387)
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940.
Site visit 6.10.2017