The 1851 Census return for Harrington Primitive Methodist chapel tells us that the chapel was built in 1828. Attendance on Census Sunday was 160 in the morning and 140 in the evening. This was fewer than normally attended.
The 1891 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us that the earlier chapel, “inconvenient in situation and accommodation”, is being replaced. About half the cost had been raised by the time they started the building work. The opening is recorded in the December 1891 magazine.
The opening was noteworthy for the participation of the Rector, Rev JF Curwen MA in the main commemorative service.. The contribution of Capt Price of Birkenhead, whose late father had been a longstanding member of the Harrington society.
The chapel is still in service as Harrington Methodist chapel
Primitive Methodist magazine May 1891 page 314
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1891 page 759