The chapel was built in 1877 at a cost of £900.1.4. In 1877 it had 150 seats in pews and 30 free seats. By 1940 there were 120 sittings in pews and a schoolroom. It was subsequently closed and demolished. The site is now occupied by a block of flats.
Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM9/86/2
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Site visit 8th May 2016