Burnaston Primitive Methodist Chapel
Main Street, Burnaston, Derby, DE65 6LG
Burnaston is a township in the parish of Etwall. In 1839 a small Anglican chapel of ease was erected. It was later occupied by Primitive Methodists as reflected in Kelly’s 1891 directory, and the society was a part of the Derby 2nd circuit.
In the 1851 Religious census it was reported as built 1844(?) separate and entirely used, with 120 free sittings, and an afternoon attendance of ‘about 40’ and evening of ‘about 40 or 50.’
This is now the village hall. There appears to be no stone inscription to indicate its past use, though it clearly portrays an ecclesiastical style.