Burnaston Primitive Methodist Chapel

Derbyshire

Former church/chapel: now village hall. | Rev. David Leese
Former church/chapel: now village hall.
Rev. David Leese

Main Street, Burnaston, Derby, DE65 6LG

Burnaston is a township in the parish of Etwall. In 1839 a small Anglican chapel of ease was erected. It was later occupied by Primitive Methodists as reflected in Kelly’s 1891 directory, and the society was a part of the Derby 2nd circuit.

In the 1851 Religious census it was reported as built 1844(?) separate and entirely used, with 120 free sittings, and an afternoon attendance of ‘about 40’ and evening of ‘about 40 or 50.’

This is now the village hall. There appears to be no stone inscription to indicate its past use, though it clearly portrays an ecclesiastical style.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone