This chapel photographed by Bill Smith must be one of the last chapels built by the Promitive Methodists.
There was a society in Cressbrook from at least 1844, according to the Bradwell Circuit plans, but it was impossible to buy land on which to build a chapel. The society rented a cottage in the lower row from the Cressbrook Mill Company from 1885 onwards. They were finally able to buy land, and erect a chapel in 1928, and Trinity opened on 28th July, 1931. This chapel could seat 86. By 1970 the seating had reduced to 70, with 50 in the Sunday School.
The chapel closed in 1973, being converted to a house.
Derbyshire Record Office D4099
Christian Monitor 1921/74
Methodist Church Department of Chapel Affairs Statistical Returns 1940
Methodist Church Department of Chapel Affairs Statistical Returns 1970