Crich Carr Primitive Methodist chapel on Mount Pleasant Top Lane
Mount Pleasant Top Lane, Whatstandwell, MATLOCK, DE4 5EN
The 1877 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the memorial stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Crich Carr in the Belper circuit. Crich Carr Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1877 with stone donated from a local quarry by Mr. J. Sims, who personally had laid the foundation stone. There was a race on with the Crich Baptists to see who could finish their chapel first. The Crich Carr Methodists claimed a moral victory.
The chapel was rebuilt in 1908. It closed in the 1980s and has been converted into a house.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1877 page 755