Dove Holes Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire
This chapel was built in 1876 and is still open for worship in 2013.
Dove Holes P M chapel is an impressive two storey stone built chapel on the main A6 Buxton to Chapel-en-le-Frith road. There is a graveyard to the side of the chapel.
Photos taken April 2013
OS Map ref:119:SK077782
editor’s note (CH 05/2020)
The 1877 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a new Primitive Methodist chapel and school at Dove Holes in the Bradwell station. The editor comments that it was unusual to have a graveyard attached to the chapel but that “the friends at Dove holes, having the opportunity, decided to settle the vexed question of burial without the interference of parliament.”
Primitive Methodist magazine 1877 page 569