Hanging Bridge Primitive Methodist Chapel, Derbyshire
Hanging Bridge Primitive Methodist Chapel, Mayfield Road, Clifton, Derbyshire.
A chapel erected in 1830 with a three bay front. Records from 1869 to 1973 held by Derbyshire Records.
Chapel was situated out of main settlements, immediately adjacent to present A52 Ashbourne to Mayfield road, serving Hanging Bridge, Clifton and parts of Mayfield.
Archive photograph shows former Duke of York inn, demolished in 1950’s, with Methodist chapel on extreme right of picture.