Chesterfield, Holywell Cross Primitive Methodist Chapel
Holywell Street CHESTERFIELD S41 7SA
Holywell Cross Primitive Methodist chapel in the centre of Chesterfield dates from 1881 although the date 1903 is over the door. Derbyshire Record Office holds relevant registers going back to 1840.
The chapel was big, accommodating 650 people. It closed around 1980 and at the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph it was the YMCA and Sunflower Café in 1996. Since then it has become a night club/bar, being ironically called at one time called Sin.
O.S. reference: 385714