The 1st Mellor and Marple Bridge Scout Headquarters is a former Primitive Methodist chapel. It has been given Listed status and is described by English Heritage as:
” ‘Primitive Methodist Chapel 1827’ on inscribed stone above door. Watershot stone with C20 tile roof. 4 x 1 bays with access to an undercroft from the rear. Windows have stone sills and skew lintels and various sash and casement windows. The door which is in the gable has a square-cut surround with radial fanlight, impost blocks and a keystone. Chimney stacks on each gable.”
In time the society united with that in Marple Bridge.
Noe: this is filed under Derbyshire as that was its Primitive Methodist home county. It transferred to Cheshire in 1936.
English Heritage listings, accessed online January 28th 2021 at: