The 1874 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us that New Whittington was one of five Primitive Methodist chapels in the Chesterfield circuit that had cleared its outstanding debt – in this case £200. Not only that, but they were thoroughly renovating the chapel at great cost.
The 1916 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel at the northern end of Back South Street. There is a school building on the site in 2019
Primitive Methodist magazine 1874 page 755