Mickleover Primitive Methodist Chapel

Derbyshire

1852 Chapel. | Rev. David Leese
1852 Chapel.
Rev. David Leese
1852 date stone. | Rev. David Leese
1852 date stone.
Rev. David Leese
Former adjacent and later school room. | Rev. David Leese
Former adjacent and later school room.
Rev. David Leese
Defaced 'Primitive Methodist' inscription. | Rev.David Leese
Defaced 'Primitive Methodist' inscription.
Rev.David Leese

25A, Park Road, Mickleover, Derby.

In 1852 a ‘solid red brick chapel’ capable of seating 100 was built on Park Road, Mickleover. It replaced an earlier building that had reported in the 1851 religious census as not exclusively used for P.M. purposes, with an evening general congregation of 40. The 1852 chapel stands next to the former school room. The chapel closed in 1932 and is now a residence, as is the school room.  

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone