Donisthorpe; Mount Zion Primitive Methodist chapel
Chapel Street, Donisthorpe, SWADLINCOTE, DE12 7PS
Mount Zion Primitive Methodist chapel, on the west side of Chapel Street in Donisthorpe, was consecrated in 1884. It was rebuilt 1898.
In the picture, the Sunday School is on the left.
Due to falling numbers in the congregation and structural damage the building closed and was demolished in 2003. It has been replaced by two newly built detached properties – with what Donisthorpe Local History Group calls the best views in the village!