Bagber Primitive Methodist Chapel
nr Sturminster Newton, Dorset
Dorset History Centre holds the following information relating to this chapel.:
Ref. NM-7/S/1: Deeds to the Primitive Methodist Chapel on Chapel Road, Bagber, near Sturminster .Newton. Also Trustees, Sale of Property.
Ref. NM-7/S/2/TS/2/1: Sale particulars of the former chapel at Bagber and house attached to it
There is also the following lease dated 28 November 1853.
1. Charles Hopkins of Bagber, Sturminster Newton, mason
2. William Tucker of East Orchard, yeoman, William Ryall of King Stag,
Lydlinch, blacksmith, Richard Brown of Hazelbury Bryan, carpenter
Recital: that party 2 are members of the Sturminster Primitive Methodist
Mission and that party 1 agrees to let the below mentioned property
1 to 2: The newly erected building used as a chapel by the Sturminster Primitive Methodist Mission situated at Bagber, Sturminster Newton, bounded on the east by a field in the occupation of Charles Hopkins, on the west by a road passing through Bagber Common to Stalbridge, on the north by a field in the occupation of Ambrose Seymour and on the south by a house and garden in the occupation of Charles Hopkins.
Term: 21 years
Rent: The proceeds of the Annual Public Tea meeting
A further lease is dated 9 August 1880.
1. Charles Hopkins of Bagber, builder
2. William Cluett, Jesse Fish, Charles Standley and Alfred Lydford, members
of the Primitive Methodist Society
1 to 2: The Primitive Methodist Chapel situated at Bagber, Sturminster Newton
Term: Yearly with six month notice
Condition: That the harmonium, bible and hymm books are the property of the Society
The Geograph website: Picture of former PM Chapel, Bagber, built 1877.