Bishop's Caundle Primitive Methodist chapel
Brown Street Bishops Caundle SHERBORNE DT9 5NE
Bishop’s Caundle is south east of of Sherborne. Bishop’s Caundle Primitive Methodist chapel is at the junction of Brown Street and the A3030. It carries the date 1908.
Keith Guyler’s photograph from 1988 shows it in use as a house – The Old chapel. The Primitive Methodist Museum picture and postcard collection has an earlier picture taken when it was still a chapel. There have been a number of changes in the conversion, but key things stay the same -the size and overall shape; the stepped top of the apex wall; the date 1908 transferred to the apex of the porch.