Buckhorn Weston Primitive Methodist chapel
Shepherds Hill Buckhorn Weston GILLINGHAM SP8 5HX
Buckhorn Weston is a village west of Shaftesbury. The return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Buckhorn Weston to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by the steward, Thomas Shutt. He tells us that 30 people attended the evening service on Census Sunday, 5 more than was usual.
Buckhorn Weston Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1869.
After closure the chapel became a house – The House on Shepherd’s Hill.” Google Street View ignores the road where the 1945 Ordnance Survey map shows the chapel to be located.
In July 2015 it is for sale at £420,000. The details tell us that it had “the preacher originally living next door. Converted in the 1980s.”