Dorchester Primitive Methodist chapel, in Durngate Street at the junction with Salisbury Street in the Fordington district, was opened in 1875 and extended in the early 1900s.
After Methodist union in 1932 it became a Salvation Army Citadel but on Street View in 2009, still bearing the Salvation Army signage it was for sale. In October 2013 it was sold freehold for £160,000. It became the River of Life Centre and in 2018 is Dorchester Health and fitness.
In 2020 It is La Pointe, a rentable space.
Thanks to Martin Reeves for the photograph.
The building is Listed Grade II.
This chapel originally had a second page under the label Fordington Primitive Methodist chapel. Thanks to Mark Churchill for pointing out the duplication and to Adam Miller for pointing out that the picture on that second page, from the Englesea Brook Postcard collection, was of a Wesleyan Methodist Church, not Primitive. That church closed at the end of 2013.
The pages are merged here