The return from the Primitive Methodist society in Edmondsham to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship showed that they were meeting in a chapel built in 1848. The return was completed by the steward, Harrey (sic) Amey. 40 people attended the afternoon service and 50 people attended the evening service.
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on Main Street, and it is still marked as a Methodist Chap on the 1956 map. However, Street View shows Chapel Cottages on the site in 2009.