Enmore Green Primitive Methodist chapel
Breach Lane SHAFTESBURY SP7 8LE
Enmore Green is north west of Shaftesbury. The Enmore Green Primitive Methodist chapel shown in Keith Guyler’s picture was opened in 1868.
There was an earlier chapel in the village, opened in 1827. George Waite, the minister, of Castle Street, Mere, submitted a return from the Primitive Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship. It shows a society with three services on a Sunday and a thriving Sunday school which met on Sunday mornings and afternoons.
It served until the 1980s after which it was converted for residential use. It became Yew Tree House. On Google Street View in May 2011 it is the Chapel Bed and Breakfast.