Fifehead Neville Primitive Methodist chapel

Dark Lane Fifehead Neville STURMINSTER NEWTON DT10 2AL

Fifehead Neville Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1993
Fifehead: return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship. Return no: 269 2 8 18
provided by David Tonks 2021

Fifehead Neville is north west of Blandford.  At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1993 Fifehead Neville Primitive Methodist chapel had been converted into a house, as it still was on Google Street View in 2009.

His notes give no dates associated with the building. However, the return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place at Fifehead to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship records what is called a chapel erected in 1849 although it was not a separate building and was used for other things besides worship.

It held 70 people and was full for the Sunday evening services.

Comments about this page

  • Thanks for the information.

    By Christopher Hill (26/08/2015)
  • This chapel was Built in 1882 and held its final service during 1938, and was during the second world war used as a Red Cross Station. It was sold in 1952 and converted into a house.

    By Adam Miller (24/08/2015)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *