Fordington Primitive Methodist chapel
11 Durngate Street, Dorchester DT1 1NA
Fordington Primitive Methodist chapel in Durngate Street, at the junction with Salisbury Street, was erected in 1875.
On Google Street View in 2008 it carries the name of the Salvation Army but was for sale. In 2011, the Salvation Army name has disappeared. In October 2013 it was sold freehold for £160,000. In July 2014 it carries the name “River of life centre” but was again for sale. In May 2015 builders are at work on it.
The picture shows the former Wesleyan Methodist chapel in King Street, which became Fordington Methodist church.