The 1882 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a brief account of the laying of the foundation stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Long Bredy in the Weymouth circuit..
The chapel was expected to be free of debt when built.
The 1883 magazine tells us the chapel was completed – and that the land for it belonged to HRH the Prince of Wales.
The 1902 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on Abbotsbury Lane. Street View in 2011 shows the chapel in residential use. It retains its original tablet.
Thanks to Martin Reeves for the photographs
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 761
Primitive Methodist magazine 1883 page 317