Shaftesbury Primitive Methodist chapel was located on St James Street, opposite what is now White Hart Lane. It appears on the 1901 Ordnance Survey map, but earlier, in 1887, it is labelled as School; later, on the 1929 map it is labelled as Institute, in 1964 as Hall and in 1984 as St James’ House. all with broadly similar footprints.
Street View and Satellite View show a substantial house with a very similar footprint on the site in 2009 and 2011. In 2018 a flat in St James House sold for £180,000. Is this a conversion of the former chapel?