The 1883 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us they were starting work on a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Upwey in the Weymouth station. The building was a former Independent chapel erected around 100 years previously and now placed at the service of the Primitive Methodist connexion, rent free by Nicholas Howard, J.P., Mayor of Weymouth.
The 1902 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on Church Street. In 1938 it is labelled as Methodist church. On Street View in 2009 and 2019, it is in residential use.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1883 page 700