Weston Primitive Methodist chapel, Portland
Weston St, Portland DT5 2DQ
Weston Primitive Methodist chapel was the second Primitive Methodist chapel on the Isle of Portland. It was opened by J Holroyd (who described the occasion in the Primitive Methodist magazine) on January 22nd 1860. J Maby gave £20 towards the £110 cost of which £50 was still owed at the time of opening. It seated 130.
It is still marked as Methodist church on Ordnance Survey 1:2,500 maps in 1973. On Google Street View in March 2009 it is shown in use by a Funeral Director. It retains its date stone over the front door.
Primitive Methodist magazine April 1860 page 241