Boxted Primitive Methodist chapel
Chapel Lane Boxted COLCHESTER CO4 5RP
Boxted Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1832 and is still open for worship. Unusually for a Primitive Methodist chapel, there is a graveyard located on the site.
Also unusually, on the site is a separate room which is the home of the well respected Boxted Methodist Silver Band. Originally a wind band formed by members of the chapel in the 1860s, there has been a brass band since 1898. The present-day name dates from the late 1930s. The band still plays at both religious and secular events and often leads worship at Boxted Methodist and other Churches in the area. There are lots of interesting pictures on the Band website.
Boxted Methodist Silver Band website, accessed June 7th 2015