Chelmsford Primitive Methodist chapel
From the Primitive Methodist magazine of November 1863:
“Chelmsford.—The foundation-stone of a new chapel was laid August 24th, when a large congregation was gathered together. The Rev. M Lupton, of London, conducted the preliminary devotions ; after which J. A. Hardcastle, Esq., M.P., came forward and a silver trowel was presented to him and he then laid the stone. He afterwards gave an address to the people. He also handed over a cheque, and has promised to give us another.
After his address the Rev. G. Lamb, of London, gave an excellent address, which gave great satisfaction. A hymn was then sung and the friends retired to the Wesleyan chapel, where tea was provided. After tea we held a public meeting, which was addressed by the Revs. G. Lamb, M. Lupton, S. Rowe (Wesleyan superintendent), and G. Wilkinson, (Independent). We had in the chair Mr. Samuel Turner, of Chelmsford, a tried friend. The chapel will be 28 feet by 38 inside. J. Dawson.”
Where was this chapel and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1863 page 747