In the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1866, AE Hammond tells us about the opening of Mile End Primitive Methodist chapel in the Colchester circuit. The ceremonies started on June 21st 1866 and preachers included TW Davids, T Batty (Colchester), Mrs E Winkfield (Hadleigh), J Smith, T Woodall, and W Hammond.
The new chapel, which was located on Nayland Road opposite the end of Leech’s Lane, cost £120 of which they had raised £60. It has since been demolished; there are bungalows on the site now.
Primitive Methodist magazine October 1866 pages 625-626