Weeley Heath Primitive Methodist chapel
Clacton Road Weeley Heath CLACTON-ON-SEA CO16 9ED
Weeley Heath Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1858.
The chapel measured 21′ x 18′ 9″, was built of red brick with stuccoed walls inside, had a boarded floor with a brick aisle and accommodated 90 people. It cost £87/4/6 towards which they had raised £38/5/0.
Services at the opening were conducted by E Blake of Ipswich and Robert Church who described them in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
The chapel had closed by the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1988. On Google Street View in September 2012 it is in residential use – the Little Chapel.
Primitive Methodist Magazine October 1858 p.619