East Brook was first missioned by the Primitive Methodists in 1841 with services held in a cottage. In time this became too small and the opening of East Brook Primitive Methodist chapel took place on December 16th 1846.
The cottage owners donated the site , together with £1 to get the collection going. Mr and Mrs Williams were liberal in their generosity. On opening only £20 debt remained.
The opening preacher was Mr Morris of Rose Cottage.
Where is East Brook? We are given no location, and the preacher coming from Rose cottage doesn’t help. The only clue is that the report in the Primitive Methodist magazine about the opening is by Robert Langford who the month previously had written a report on a chapel in the Pillawell (Pillowell) circuit, which is in Gloucestershire.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1847 page 119