Cowes West Hill Primitive Methodist Church
12-14 Beckford Rd Cowes PO31 7SG
Cowes West Hill Primitive Methodist Church was a very impressive building opened in 1889. After closure in the 1960s it became used as a public library.
The foundation stones on the buildings display the following inscriptions:
- To the Glory of God The Foundation Stone of this School was laid by Mr James Jones
- Laid for H. Adams, esq. of Sheffield Vice President of Conference
- Laid in memory of Mrs. Sargent, by G.S.
- To the Glory of God Laid by the Teachers & Scholars of This Sabbath School.
- To the glory of God laid in memory of Mrs. Ralph, 50 years a member with us.
- To the glory of God laid in memory of Mrs c. Warne, of
- West Cowes.
- Laid by Mr. & Mrs J.E. Seymour of Southsea
- To the Glory of God” This Stone was laid by G.A. Beaden esq. Janry. 16th 1889. Ministers - REV. J.H. Harradine, REV. J.T. Gooderidge.
There was another Primitive Methodist Church in Market Hill.